Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gaze. A wild hope leaped in Ce'Nedra's heart. Polgara was conscious. "You are courteous my Lord " Polgara told him in a weak voice. "You are my queen Polgara " 'Zakath told.

'See those two over there?' He pointed to twin boys children Calis had never seen before. 'Yes?' 'They taught the others. They are from across the sea. Miranda brought them and their mother here. Their father is now in the Blessed. lipitor Tongue. Above the devil was The Devil's Dozen. Below it: Sonny Elliman Prez. 'No ' Greg Stillson said. 'I don't see anything green but I do see someone who looks suspiciously like a walking asshole. ' Elliman stiffened a little then relaxed and laughed. In spite of the dirt the almost palpable body odor and Nazi regalia his eyes a dark green were not without intelligence and even a sense of humor. 'Rank me to the dogs and back man ' he said. 'It's been done before. You got the power now. 'You recognize that do you?' 'Sure. I left my guys back in the Hamptons came here alone. Be it on my own head man. ' He smiled. 'But if we should ever catch you in a similar position you! want to hope your kidneys are wearing combat boots. ' 'I'll chance it ' Greg said. He measured Elliman. They were both big men. He reckoned Elliman had forty pounds on him but a lot of it was beer muscle. 'I could take you Sonny. ' Elliman's face crinkled in amiable good humor again. 'Maybe. Maybe not. But that's not the way we play it man. All that good American John Wayne stuff. ' He leaned forward as if to impart a great secret. 'Me personally now whenever I get me a piece of mom's apple pie I make it my business to shit on it. ' 'Foul mouth Sonny ' Greg said mildly. 'What do you want with me?' Sonny asked. 'Why don't you get down to it? You'll miss your Jaycee's meeting. ' 'No ' Greg said still serene. 'The Jaycees meet Tuesday nights. We've got all the time in the world. ' Elliman made a disgusted blowing sound. 'Now what I thought ' Greg went on 'is that you'd want something from me. ' He opened his desk drawer and from it took three plastic Baggies of marij! uana. Mixed in with the weed were a number of gel capsules. 'Found this in your sleeping bag ' Greg said. 'Nasty nasty nasty Sonny. Bad boy. Do not pass go do not collect two hundred dollars. Go directly to New Hampshire State Prison. ' 'You didn't have any search warrant ' Elliman said. 'Even a kiddy lawyer could get me off and you know it. ' 'I don't know any such thing ' Greg Stillson said. He leaned back in his swivel chair and cocked his loafers bought across the state line at L. L. Bean's in Maine up on his desk. 'I'm a big man in this town Sonny. I came into New Hampshire more or less on my uppers a few years back and now I've got a nice operation here. I've helped the town council solve a couple of problems including just what to do about all these kids the chief of police catches doing dope . . . oh I don't mean bad-hats like you Sonny drifters like you. rser5969688sgd6gdt6u866885

No comments:

Post a Comment