Wednesday, October 21, 2009

That is a plea for science and not for despair. Controllable too is the influx of modifying suggestions into our homes however vast and subtle the.

All already! How else do you think they got here?" "Why the hell did I allow myself to stay in this damned place?" the President asked rhetorically. "Because you had a conscience attack and decided to do the right thing for your country you dumbass that's. lexapro 5mg Afternoon I found the Command Center. I can tell you the exact time because of the huge church whose bells pealed the passing of the hour just before I found what I'd been searching for. It wasn't in the church or on church property although that wouldn't have surprised me much. Just beyond the church which had the usual Tex-Mex Spanish Colonial look about it and seemed as large as a cathedral there was a small service road that a sign on the corner said led to the applied physics lab. Exactly whose lab it didn't say. I guess you were supposed to know. At any rate I turned down the path and felt very strong presences just to my right as I passed the church. The home of Rita and the Standishes and maybe others? I wondered. Probably. Its proximity was just too convenient. The road ran into a fairly dense grove of trees perhaps two hundred yards beyond the back of the church and its rectory a grove I felt sure had been planted to shield any view of what was beyond from the street. Until now I'd played the casual walker but as soon as I reached the woods without anybody grabbing me I got off the side of the road and headed into the shelter of the trees. It didn't matter. The trees were maybe a city block thick and then I hit the fences. In some cases the outermost fence actually threaded its way between the last stand of trees. Looking back toward where the road was I could see a gatehouse and a whole set of controls for access. Looking up at the fence which was maybe fifteen feet high I could see nasty barbed wire on top and a lot of other even more gruesome devices to impale anybody nutty enough to try getting over it. At my height it was absurd to even think of it. Beyond the first barrier was a second fence looking much like the first but having an array of incredibly fancy gadgets on top the purpose of which I couldn't guess except that it wouldn't be nice for anybody climbing it to find out. You could hear a steady sixty-cycle hum coming from it as well and I suspected it wasn't just to power whatever they had on top. Beyond that was a grassy area with wheel ruts as if made by Jeeps on countless patrols and beyond that was a solid green fence with an angled top that prevented any view inside. Beyond the green fence was the source of the power I was feeling but that was all I could see feel or understand..

No comments:

Post a Comment